Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Memento and Natural History of the Senses Relief Sculpture Assignment

This memento reflects loneliness in adolescence. The specific memory is derived from my 16th birthday and how I bought wisteria to hang on my garden fence. Hence, the color lavender amd the loops that were meant to resemble petals. The base is a teardrop shape with sixteen pearls, because despite my sadness, the atmosphere felt magical that night.✨ This relief sculpture visually communicates the elegenace and longevity of scent throughout history. The chapter I read--"Cleopatra's Heirs"--discusses several time periods regarding how fragrance influences social structure and overall aesthetic. The purple-ombre-braided yarn demonstrates how each era is tethered to the concepts assoicated with scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Longing Assignment

"The body is the primary mode of perceiving scale." This quote reminded me of an extravagant gown at the Ringling Museum because ...