Monday, April 24, 2023

Visual Symbols Assignment

Reflective Statement: The dragon and unicorn sculpture were inspired by mythology. My intent was to visually communicate strength in individuality. I wanted to focus on the bow and arrow because in stories, characters often use weapons to vanquish enemies. I decided to include one branded upon its own back to symbolize the struggle against inner demons. Also, infinity represents disabilities, whereas ableism is conveyed through the black butterflies. I thought the work was lacking in sharper, more unique details, but I sought to compensate with the varying tones of purple and pink. I want to keep exploring texture and keep learning about folklore. This project allowed me to explore color. The making of this work exposed new ideas such as discrimination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Longing Assignment

"The body is the primary mode of perceiving scale." This quote reminded me of an extravagant gown at the Ringling Museum because ...