Monday, April 24, 2023

Organic Sculptures Assignment

Reflective Statement: Regarding the organic sculptures, I sought to communicate the inevitable exertion that accompanies height difference. The focal point and negative space were vaguely inspired by fairies, and how they have to frequently peer through awkward sites in flora to establish their surroundings. The repetition sculpture was inspired by folk music, for the thread spools and purple glitter glue still evoke that cottagecore aesthetic. In this era, I wanted to continue focusing on fantastical elements, despite its subtlety. I did not exactly earn the results that I wanted because I wanted each object to appear more elegant and organic as opposed to modern and synthetic. I chose a similar color palette to my earlier works, but I regret not selecting more earthy tones. My vision of I want to keep exploring structure and keep learning about materials. This piece allowed me to explore inventive solutions. The making of this work exposed new ideas such as inaccessibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Longing Assignment

"The body is the primary mode of perceiving scale." This quote reminded me of an extravagant gown at the Ringling Museum because ...